Heart of Zen is the premier Zen shiatsu practice in Leelanau County, MI. Located in downtown Suttons Bay, Heart of Zen offers Zen shiatsu (Asian bodywork therapy/acupressure) to bring about a true wellness experience.
Feeling healthy and strong? Heart of Zen recommends monthly Zen shiatsu appointments to continue to support the wellness habits you have incorporated into your life.
Experiencing a recent injury that has left you with a sprain, strain, or ache? Heart of Zen recommends scheduling shiatsu visit as soon as possible to support quick and complete healing.
Dealing with a mental or physical stress that leaves you in pain or feeling unable to enjoy your day the way you want to? Heart of Zen recommends weekly shiatsu appointments until you notice a positive change.
Expressions of health include appropriate breath, diet, movement, and rest so that you can function to your fullest. Our goal is to help you achieve and maintain these expressions of health in your life, even when confronted with stress or injury, through Zen shiatsu therapy and by incorporating the principles of Chinese medicine. We have found that with regular Zen shiatsu, proper nutrition and appropriate movement, many ailments such as chronic back and neck pain, stress, digestive, and sleep issues can be resolved.
For a limited time only SHIATSU in the BARN.
* What: Experience Zen shiatsu in a 150-year old barn near Omena, MI, in beautiful Leelanau County.
* When: Tuesday August 16, Tuesday August 30, and Tuesday September 13.
* Details: Birds calling their melodies, the soft breeze in the trees, frogs splashing in a nearby creek, these gifts of nature lend themselves to the relaxing, healthy, harmonious experience of Zen shiatsu. Treat yourself to this unique opportunity with a session in an historic barn, settled among the beautiful orchards of Leelanau County.
1-hour session $200
FOR ALL APPOINTMENTS: In compliance with the Michigan Executive Orders and CDC guidelines, we have made changes to your Heart of Zen visit to better protect your health.
* Appointments will be scheduled with a half hour between each for appropriate social distancing and time for thoroughly disinfecting the reception and treatment spaces.
* We will wear a mask during your visit. You are asked to wear one as appropriate for treatment.
* When you arrive for your appointment, we will take your temperature and ask a series of health related questions. Any elevated temperature and/or “yes” response will require appointment reschedule for 14 days out.
* For treatment, wear a long-sleeved lightweight shirt, lightweight pants (no jeans, shorts, or skirts), clean socks, and a mask.
* Please bring your own water bottle.
* Please refrain from wearing colognes or heavy scents.
* You may want to use your home bathroom before coming to your appointment, as our only bathroom, while not public, is shared with the other businesses in the building.
* No show appointments will be charged full appointment fee.
To schedule your appointment, please call or text Heart of Zen at 231-386-7616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download, print, and complete your Initial Intake Form.
Treatment fees: $115/hour.
Sliding scale options available.
Sliding scale takes into account your financial situation and circumstances.
The standard fee, $115/hr, is intended for those with stable incomes and the ability to save. Your ability to support at this rate or more allows Heart of Zen to offer sliding scale options.
Paying less is intended for students, and others who are getting by but don’t have much extra in their budget.