Heart of Zen is the premier Zen shiatsu practice in Leelanau County, MI. Located in downtown Suttons Bay, Heart of Zen offers various therapeutic treatments including Zen shiatsu (acupressure) treatment, foot tuina (Chinese reflexology), zazen (meditation), qigong (gentle movement) and Seiki-soho (Kishi-style treatment) to bring about a true wellness experience.
Dealing with a mental or physical stress that leaves you in pain or feeling unable to enjoy your day the way you want to? Heart of Zen recommends weekly shiatsu or Seiki-soho treatments until you notice a positive change, daily zazen, and appropriate qigong.
Expressions of health include appropriate breath, diet, movement, and rest so that you can function to your fullest. Our goal is to help you achieve and maintain these expressions of health in your life, even when confronted with stress or injury, through Zen shiatsu therapy and by incorporating the principles of Chinese medicine. We have found that with regular shiatsu or Seiki-Soho, proper nutrition and appropriate movement, many ailments such as chronic back and neck pain, stress, digestive, and sleep issues can be resolved.
In compliance with the Michigan Executive Orders and CDC guidelines, we have made changes to your Heart of Zen visit to better protect your health.
* Appointments will be scheduled with a half hour between each for appropriate social distancing and time for thoroughly disinfecting the reception and treatment spaces.
* We will wear a mask during your visit. You are asked to wear one as appropriate for treatment.
* When you arrive for your appointment, we will take your temperature and ask a series of health related questions. Any elevated temperature and/or “yes” response will require appointment reschedule for 14 days out.
* For treatment, wear a long-sleeved lightweight shirt, lightweight pants (no jeans, shorts, or skirts), clean socks, and a mask.
* Please bring your own water bottle.
* Please refrain from wearing colognes or heavy scents.
* You may want to use your home bathroom before coming to your appointment, as our only bathroom, while not public, is shared with the other businesses in the building.
* No show appointments will be charged full appointment fee.
To schedule your appointment, please call or text Heart of Zen at 231-386-7616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download, print, and complete your Initial Intake Form.
Treatment fees: 60-minute appointment $100.
Sliding scale options available.
Sliding scale takes into account your financial situation and circumstances.
The standard fee, $100/hr, is intended for those with stable incomes and the ability to save. Your ability to support at this rate or more allows Heart of Zen to offer sliding scale options.
Paying less is intended for students, and others who are getting by but don’t have much extra in their budget.